Andrea Cullen | Nutritional Therapist
Andrea Cullen is a Nutritional Therapist, Functional Medicine Practitioner, Pharmacist, and Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine with twenty years of experience in the health, fitness, diagnostics, and medical industry.
She works with individuals to achieve health and peak sports performance, as well as large sports organisations such as Rowing Ireland, Athletics Ireland, Munster Rugby, and several GAA hurling and football teams. Andrea draws on a vast toolkit for each and every patient and has a special passion for endurance sports from cycling, to adventure racing and long course triathlon.
In addition, Andrea has worked with many sports disciplines from amateur to professional and Olympic level in more than twenty different sports disciplines (track and field, rowing, long distance running, short distance triathlon, long distance triathlon, extreme challenges such as rowing across the Atlantic, slalom canoe, adventure racing, rugby, swimming, GAA football, hurling, professional soccer, boxing, martial arts, Paralympic (rowing, track and sprinting), high jump, sailing, powerlifting, bodybuilding, race walking, cross-country, Irish dancing, basketball. Several of her clients have reached the level of rugby world cups, Heineken cup wins, Olympic games, World championships, Kona ironman world champs, and most importantly, their own personal successes.
In sport Andrea comes from a background of swimming, horse-riding, hockey, tennis, and water sports such as sailing and wind-surfing. Andrea currently enjoys triathlons and has an extra passion for trail running, biking the country roads, and being outdoors. She runs her private clinic in Annacotty, Limerick, and works with athletes worldwide.
- Pharmacist (Welsh School of Pharmacy, University of Cardiff, Wales, 1997).
- Nutritional therapist (Raworth College, Dorking, Surrey, 2003).
- Senior Associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) certification with the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist Level I (Health and Medical Professionals Certification)
- Experience working with PEMF (Pulsed electromagnetic wave frequency therapy), body composition assessment (BIA, callipers, DEXA), interpretation of blood and other medical tests, functional diagnostic medicine, nutritional supplements, herbs, aromatherapy, crystals.
- Energy healing, land healing, and an ability to connect with the story and emotional/ trauma/ ancestral line of each patient when it feels intuitively right.